Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

If so, you need to rethink how you’re paying taxes.  The federal government pays zero percent interest on the taxes you overpay.  It may be noble to give your government free use of your money, but it certainly is not in your best interest and you are rarely recognized for the good deed.

Stop getting an income tax refund

I’m a big believer that you pay as you go, that you get good tax advice throughout the year (at least quarterly) from a tax preparer who is also a tax planner.  So long as you make your payments on time, there’s no penalty to pay and you’ve had use of your money in the meantime.  You want access to your money when you need it and not have to wait until tax season to get it back from the IRS.  I’m often amazed at how many people plan to receive a refund and have it allocated to a specific expense, like property taxes.  Yikes.  What if your taxes go up and that regular refund disappears?

Get a good accountant.  Know your tax obligation.  Pay it.  Don’t overpay.  And budget for all your expenses.

Your partner for financial peace and clarity

Join Our Email List

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Lanning Financial. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

admin [at]

By appointment only:
100 Pine Street, Suite 1250
San Francisco, CA 94111

Disclosure – Lanning Financial Inc. is a Registered Investment Adviser. Advisory services are only offered to clients or prospective clients where Lanning Financial Inc. and its representatives are properly licensed or exempt from licensure. This website is solely for informational purposes. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Investing involves risk and possible loss of principal capital. No advice may be rendered by Lanning Financial Inc. unless a client service agreement is in place. / Lanning Financial Inc. provides links for your convenience to websites produced by other providers or industry related material. Accessing websites through links directs you away from our website. Lanning Financial Inc. is not responsible for errors or omissions in the material on third party websites, and does not necessarily approve of or endorse the information provided. Users who gain access to third party websites may be subject to the copyright and other restrictions on use imposed by those providers and assume responsibility and risk from use of those websites.

2023 © Lanning Financial Inc. 

Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.